Sunday, May 10, 2015

ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE #263 "LOTS OF LAYERS"


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Good Morning!! It's a hot one here but it's to start getting cooler for this whole week. I'm excited for that. I hope all you mother's out there is having a great Mother's Day. Spending time with loved ones always brighten someones day. After so many years of not going down on Mother's Day to my husband's mom's, he decided that he wanted to do that this year. I don't go anywhere on this day so I'm happy to do this for him and his mother to.

The sponsor for this week is KPM Doodles. They have been very good to as for sponsoring our challenges in the past and for this one also. Many categories to choose from and they have the cutest images. I was able to work with a set called "Blue Bird Digital Stamp Set." Yes, I did say I used a set of digital images. With this set you get 7 digital images to choose from. There are birds, bird on a branch, single birds and two bird houses. The ones I used was a bird sitting on a bird bath and I also used 4 single birds. I do have many layers on this card. I used ovals for all the layering, a bird in the flower for a layer, and my base card to work on. I will show them and tell you were all the layers are but, first, I would like to tell you the winning prize for this week from KPM Doodles.

2 SETS Of Digital Stamps
From
KPM Doodles Store

That is one great prize. There are lots of great sets to choose from. Here is my card that I called "Splish, Splash."


I loved this paper and thought it would look great with this image. Now here are my layers and they are again all ovals. Of course the card is the first layer, then there are two ovals put together that are plain pink and also did one in plain green. With three of the colored paper is the layer behind the image and the image is the top layer. The bird in the flowers I consider to be a layer. So in total there are 6 layers. Not to bad for a card that is suppose to have layers. If your confused the background paper is sitting on my cardstock card. Here are the items that I used for this layered card.

Cardstock -- The Paper Studio
Paper -- K & Company
White Flowers With Beads  -- Hobby Lobby
All Other Flowers  -- Wild Orchid Crafts
Leafs  -- Wild Orchid  Crafts
Colored Markers
Colored Pencils

I hope you really liked the card. At first it was not turning out good at all and I almost threw it in the trash. I had to sit on it a day before I finally figured out what I was going to do and finished it up in no time. I was excited that I really liked it in the end. So, it's time for me to leave and do my Sunday chores and go to visit my husband's mom for Mother's Day. I hope you all enjoy your Mother's Day and I will see you at the next challenge.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Loving All These Flowers On This Card Beautiful . Sherry DT SIS

Edwina said...

Hi Michelle, I love this card. It is so pretty. I love the pretty papers and flowers. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

cass said...

Wonderful Michelle, so many gorgeous flowers. Great DT inspiration.